- Draft, review and negotiate contractual documentation, provide legal advice on the same (including the provision of timely advice with regard to contractual obligations and potential liabilities / exposures, warranties, indemnities, and other terms and conditions) e.g. legal contracts, certificates, POAs, resolutions, legal letters and notices
- Put in place standard contract templates and ensure staff know how to use them
- Develop and ensure that a good system of corporate governance is in place and adhered to (e.g. contract approvals procedure, authority/signing matrix, and internal policies and procedures are up-to-date and staff receive appropriate training with regards to the same)
- Provide a legal administrative function to the company (via oversight of external counsel and internal legal team) (e.g. maintaining the groups trade licenses, company registers, contracts)
- Support and manage others within the legal function
- Conduct on–going and annual job performance reviews and assist with professionaldevelopment of team members
- Participate in Steering Committees on project–by–project basis
- Participate in Management Meetings
- Put in place document management system for executed contracts and other key legal documents (e.g. company incorporation and constitutional documents, POAs). Retain full ownership and control of all documents.
- Pre-empt and reduce legal and commercial risk in advance by drafting, reviewing and amending corporate documentation (e.g. procurement documentation, contractual notices) as and when required
- Develop and maintain a precedent database of documentation
- Conduct legal research and educate and advise business units as and when required
- Raise awareness of potential legal issues arising throughout the company and ensure that best practices are adhered to with a view to reducing any legal exposure for the company Evaluate and recommend external legal resources (e.g. online legal know how services)
- Recommend and organize appropriate training (to legal and business teams)
- Make recommendations with regards to seeking external legal advice, draft and negotiate terms of legal engagement (scope and fees), liaise with external counsel as and when required.
- Manage deal allocation to the legal team